All activities provided by Black Mountain Activities take place in the outdoors where, conditions may be wet, windy & muddy and will continue to operate come rain or shine – after all this is South Wales! 🙂 However, should we (Black Mountain Activities Ltd) decide that the weather conditions are unsuitable or unsafe on the day of your activity, an alternative activity or date will be offered.
- Gorge Walking – This activity takes place in water. In the rare event that the river levels are deemed too high & unsafe for the activity to take place/continue, an alternative activity or date will be offered.
- White Water Rafting – Available during the winter only. This activity relies on sufficient water levels to run. If water levels should be too low on the day of your activity, you will take part in your chosen alternative.
- Canoe Hire – If river levels are too high or conditions deemed unsafe on your chosen date, all hire will take place on the Brecon & Monmouthshire Canal.
Please feel free to contact us 24 hours prior to your activity to check weather conditions.
Travel & Transport
Whilst we endeavour to provide transport to all our customers for activities taking place away from the activity centre, please note, that this is a complimentary service and cannot be guaranteed. On the day of your activity you may be asked to follow the instructors in your own vehicles.
The Gorge Walking, Caving & Rock Climbing venues are located approximately a 40 minute drive from the activity centre. If you would prefer to meet our instructors at the activity venue (see locations below), please contact us no later than 24 hours prior to your activity date to make arrangements.
- Gorge Walking – Dinas Rock, Pontneddfechan, SA11 5NU
- Caving – Porth-yr-Ogof, Cwm Porth Waterfall Centre, Ystradfellte, CF44 9JF
- Rock Climbing – Morlais Quarry, Merthyr Tydfil, CF48 2TS
Clay Pigeon Shooting takes place on a working farm, approx. 10-15 minute drive from the activity centre.
Weight limit – 18 stone.
This is a guideline weight limit and will depend on the individual and the activity chosen. Please contact us for further advice. Please note, you may be asked for your height & weight.