Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) Hire
If you fancy trying something new then Stand Up Paddleboarding is the activity for you!
This easy and versatile sport offers our customers a fun and exciting way to experience the water. Suitable for a range of ages and abilities, paddleboarding involves standing on a surf-style board whilst using a long paddle to propel yourself through the water.
Our SUP hire currently operates on the Brecon & monmouthshire canal, where you can enjoy a couple hours of leisurely paddling. SUP hire is available for 2-3 hours from arrivals to farewells.
Instructed sessions are also available and suitable for:
For more information about instructed stand-up paddleboard sessions, please give us a call on 01497 847897.
Water – Brecon Promenade or Brecon Canal (weather dependant)
Duration – 2 hours (from drop-off to collection)
Morning – 9:15am to 12:00pm
Afternoon – 1:15pm to 4:00pm
Times inclusive of check-in, kit-up, transfer to the water, your introduction to the SUP and collection.
£30.00 per board
Cost includes SUP, Paddle, Leash, Buoyancy Aid & Transport
Wetsuits available to hire for an additional £4.50pp
- Arrive at the activity centre at the booked hire time to check-in.
- Get fitted with a buoyancy aid and paddle.
- Hop on the minibus and be transported to the water (just 15 mins drive!).
- A quick induction and off you go!
- A member of the team will be on hand to collect you at the end.
- Minimum of 2 adults required to book (for safety we do not hire to one person alone)
- Minimum age – 12 yrs. Children MUST be accompanied by an adult.
- Weather Conditions – Should conditions be deemed as unsafe on the day i.e. high winds, your booking will be postponed to another day of your choice. Feel free to contact us 24 hrs prior to arrival to check conditions.
From £30.00 each
Canoe & Kayak Hire is available as either a half day session or full day session. Times for each hire slot are specified below. Please also be aware that times include check-in, kit-up and transport to/from the river.
|1 adult per child
|Morning – 9:15am to 12:00pm
Afternoon – 1:15pm to 4:00pm
|All customers are to arrive at the Black Mountain Adventure Centre to check-in and kit-up.
|Glasbury Bont, The River Wye
| Buoyancy Aid & Paddle
Inflatable SUP with Leash
Transport to/from the water
|WHAT TO BRING
Full change of clothes just in case
Do not bring valuables where possible
Alcohol is NOT permitted at any time
|If the river levels are too high and unsuitable on your chosen hire date, hire may either be offered on the Brecon & Monmouthshire Canal or an alternative date given. Please feel free to contact us 24 hours before arrival to check river levels.
| Minimum of 2 people required to book
There must be correct number of adults per children, see ratio section above.
All our activity sessions take place outdoors where conditions may be wet, cold & muddy. Please consider this prior to arrival, preparing yourself with appropriate clothing for the outdoors.
Check availability and book online today!
Not all dates are released online so if the date you would like is displayed as ‘unavailable’, or does not have enough spaces, give us a call and we will do our best to help. For group bookings please give us a call on 01497 847897.