Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) Hire
If you fancy trying something new then Stand Up Paddleboarding is the activity for you!
This easy and versatile sport offers our customers a fun and exciting way to experience the water. Suitable for a range of ages and abilities, paddleboarding involves standing on a surf-style board whilst using a long paddle to propel yourself through the water.
Our SUP hire operates on the Rive Wye, using the sheltered waters of Glasbury river, where you can enjoy a couple hours of leisurely paddling. SUP hire is available for up to two hours.
Instructed sessions are also available and suitable for:
For more information about instructed stand-up paddleboard sessions, please give us a call on 01497 847897.
Water – You will stay local at the sheltered waters of Glasbury Bont – a perfect SUP area!
Duration – 2 hours (from drop-off to collection)
Morning – 9:30am to 12:00pm
Afternoon – 1:30pm to 4:00pm
Times inclusive of check-in, kit-up, arrival at the river, your introduction to the SUP and collection.
£26.00 per board
Cost includes SUP, Paddle, Leash, Buoyancy Aid & Transport
- Arrive at the activity centre at the booked hire time to check-in.
- Get fitted with a buoyancy aid and paddle.
- Hop on the minibus and be transported to the river (just 2 miles down the road!).
- A quick induction and off you go!
- A member of the team will be on hand to collect you at the end.
- Minimum of 2 people required to book.
- Minimum age – 12 yrs. Children MUST be accompanied by an adult.
- Weather Conditions – Should river levels be high/unsafe on the day or in the event of high winds, SUP hire may be offered on the canal or postponed to another day of your choice. Feel free to contact us 24 hrs prior to arrival to check conditions.
- No experience required but must be water confident.
From £26.00 each
Canoe & Kayak Hire is available as either a half day session or full day session. Times for each hire slot are specified below. Please also be aware that times include check-in, kit-up and transport to/from the river.
|MINIMUM AGE||12 years|
|ADULT/CHILD RATIOS||1 adult per child|
|HIRE TIMES||Morning – 9:30am to 12:30pm
Afternoon – 1:30pm to 4:30pm
|ARRIVAL POINT||All customers are to arrive at the Black Mountain Adventure Centre to check-in and kit-up.|
|HIRE VENUE||Glasbury Bont, The River Wye|
|WHAT’S PROVIDED|| Buoyancy Aid & Paddle
Inflatable SUP with Leash
Transport to/from the water
|WHAT TO BRING|| Swimwear
Full change of clothes just in case
Do not bring valuables where possible
Alcohol is NOT permitted at any time
|WEATHER||If the river levels are too high and unsuitable on your chosen hire date, hire may either be offered on the Brecon & Monmouthshire Canal or an alternative date given. Please feel free to contact us 24 hours before arrival to check river levels.|
|RESTRICTIONS|| Minimum of 2 people required to book
There must be correct number of adults per children, see ratio section above.
All our activity sessions take place outdoors where conditions may be wet, cold & muddy. Please consider this prior to arrival, preparing yourself with appropriate clothing for the outdoors.
Check availability and book online today!
Not all dates are released online so if the date you would like is displayed as ‘unavailable’, or does not have enough spaces, give us a call and we will do our best to help. For group bookings please give us a call on 01497 847897.