We are currently operating as normal and standard T&Cs on bookings still apply. We are monitoring Public Health advice on Coronavirus (COVID-19) daily but have implemented additional precautionary & control measures to safeguard all visitors and our staff.
If you have a fever, cough or other flu-like symptoms we ask that you delay your visit. In addition, If you have recently visited a region that has recognised incidents of coronavirus infection, or have been in contact with someone who has recently returned from such a region please refrain from attending the site to ensure we are not increasing the risk of infection. If this applies to you or your group, and you already have a booking, please contact us.
We know that many of our customers have been looking forward to their adventures with us, as have we, and so we’d like to reassure everyone that we have the following in place:
- All staff have been trained in the correct way to wash their hands.
- We have displayed numerous “how to wash hands” posters around the centre as well as provided anti-bacterial hand wash and gels in areas easily accessible for both staff & visitors.
- All visitors arriving at the centre will be briefed on the procedures to keep themselves & others safe and will be given additional guidance on personal hygiene and what to do if you develop any symptoms. This will be reiterated throughout the visit.
- We have enhanced our daily cleaning procedures to reduce the risk of infection so far as reasonably practical. This is implemented before and after each visiting group as well as at intervals throughout the day.
- Activity programmes and venues may be adjusted to avoid sites at increased risk of infection.
- Should any visitor or staff member show any symptoms, they will be required to self-isolate as quickly as possible. Groups attending a residential course with us will be provided facilities to do so while arrangements are made for them to be return home.
- Education settings must ensure latest health measures are in place and agreed with parents in case children or adult supervisors believe they have been exposed to COVID-19 and exhibit symptoms that require self-isolation.
- We recommend anybody who has any concerns about their own health or that of any children in their care to seek further advice from NHS 111 as a matter of urgency.
For the time being we have adopted the “business as usual” policy and, with additional precautions in place, we are continuing to offer and run our outdoor activities as these are operated in the open spaces of the countryside, away from crowded enclosed environments.
We are currently maintaining our normal cancellation policy however, should we at Black Mountain Activities find ourselves in a situation that we are unable to offer activities due to the Coronavirus a refund or postponement with be offered.