The majority of our activities are running and available for pre-booked session only. We have put additional safety measures in place to adhere to new government guidelines. We are monitoring Public Health advice on Coronavirus (COVID-19) daily but have implemented additional precautionary & control measures to safeguard all visitors and our staff.
- Health – If you, anyone in your bubble, or anyone you have been in contact with have had Covid-19 symptoms in the last 14 days please do not visit the activity centre or attend your activity session. You should stay home and follow government guidelines. If this applies to you or your group, please contact us A.S.A.P in order for us to re-arrange your visit. We recommend anybody who has any concerns relating to Covid-19 and their own health or that of any children in their care to seek further advice from NHS 119 before visiting the centre.
- Bookings – To control the number of visitors at our activity centre at any one time we are only accepting pre-bookings at this time, no walk-ins sorry. Many of our activities are available to book online or alternatively, you can call 01497 847897. All bookings are to be paid for in advance and confirmation details along with medical forms will be emailed to you. For group bookings, the organiser will be responsible for making payment in full on behalf of the party.
- Medical & Consent Forms – We require all participants taking part in an adventure activity to complete a medical & consent form 24-48 hours prior to arrival. These can be completed and submitted online for which a link will be sent in your confirmation email.
- Arrival – When arriving at the activity centre we ask that only ONE person (the organiser) check in at reception on behalf of the party. For GORGE WALKING you will need to arrive at the gorge location where you will be greeted by your instructor.
- Be Prepared – Please ensure all participants arrive at the centre/activity location ‘Activity Ready’ where possible. For gorge walking, kayaking, & SUP lessons we will provide you with a 5mm full body wetsuit, please arrive with your swimwear on under your clothes, ready to change into the wetsuit. If you have your own wetsuit then by all means please bring this with you for your session. For all other activities, sportswear is recommended along with a waterproof/windproof jacket & trousers.
- Facilities – Hand Sanitising stations have been placed around the activity centre for use by all visitors. It will also be offered when getting on/off the minibuses where transport is provided (i.e. canoe hire).
Toilets, showers & changing facilities are available at the centre but we are operating a one in and one out system. To help us maintain social distancing guidelines and reduce the number of people indoors at any one time, we ask that all customers arrive ‘Activity Ready’ where possible. As for gorge walking, there will only be outdoor changing facilities available – no toilets or showers.
- Track & Trace – We are required to obtain contact details of all visitors as part of the Track & Trace system. These details will be collected from the medical & consent form or a T&T form will be emailed to you. These details will be held for 3 weeks and will not be used for marketing purposes.
- Transport – Transport is only provided for customers booked in for Canoe/kayak/SUP hire, Kayaking Courses, & Paddleboard Lessons. We have restricted this to a Max. of 6 passengers per minibus and for group bookings may ask you to transport your party to/from the river, we will then transport the drivers. Face masks will be required on the minibuses and hand sanitiser provided. Any customer without a face covering/mask will be asked to transport themselves.
We know that many of our customers look forward to their adventures with us, as we do, and so we’d like to reassure everyone that we have the following in place:
PPE, Sanitising & Social Distancing
- All staff have been issued the correct PPE for use indoors, on minibuses and where social distancing is not possible.
- We have provided anti-viral hand sanitising stations around the centre in areas easily accessible for both staff & visitors as well as on minibuses.
- There is ample space around the grounds of the activity centre for all parties to socially distance but staggered arrival times have been put in place to avoid all customers arriving to check-in at the same time.
- We have implemented a one in/one out system in all indoor areas including reception, toilets and changing rooms.
- Only ONE person is to check in at reception at any one time.
Cleaning Procedures & Equipment
- We have enhanced our daily cleaning procedures of all indoor facilities, outdoor seating areas and equipment. This is implemented at intervals throughout the day.
- Canoes, kayaks, SUPs & paddles are sprayed with anti-viral solution after each use.
- Buoyancy aids, helmets, archery equipment are sprayed and with anti-viral solution and quarantined for 24 hours.
- Wetsuits are washed in disinfectant solution, dried in a heated room and quarantined for 24 hours.
- All other equipment that cannot be treated such climbing equipment, ropes and harnesses will be quarantined for 72 hours.
- All our activities take place outdoors where conditions are perfect for socially distancing whilst on session. You will be asked to bring a face mask on certain activities (i.e. High ropes, climbing) where at times social distancing between customer & instructor is not possible for safety reasons.
- We have reduced our maximum ratio to 1:10 for the majority of activities, with some activities being restricted to 1:6 per session (i.e. kayak courses, white water rafting).
We are continuing to offer and run our outdoor activities as these are operated in the open spaces of the countryside, away from crowded enclosed environments.
We are currently maintaining our normal cancellation policy however, in the event that we, Black Mountain Adventure, are unable to perform any of our obligations relating to your booking as a result of local restrictions or lockdown, we will endeavour to reschedule the booking to a date convenient to the client once the restriction/lockdown has been lifted. If the booking cannot be rescheduled, for any reason, a credit voucher for the value equal to the amount paid by the client will be issued.
Should the client be unable to attend their booking due to Covid-19 symptoms, local restrictions or lockdown affecting them then a postponement will be offered to a date convenient to the client. If the booking cannot be rescheduled, for any reason, a credit voucher for the value equal to the amount paid by the client will be issued.
Credit Vouchers will be valid for 6 month from date of issue.