All of our activities are back up and running and and is business as usual. We do strongly advise booking in advance to secure spaces on any activity. We are still monitoring Public Health advice on Coronavirus (COVID-19) daily but do still have a few advisement in place for your visit, please see details below.
- Health – Whilst Covid-19 restrictions have been greatly reduced we do ask that you help us keep our doors open and kindly ask you to take a lateral flow test prior to arrival for your activity. You MUST NOT attend your activity if displaying symptoms of Covid-19, test positive for covid-19 by way of lateral flow test or PCR test, or are awaiting results of a PCR test on date of your activity. For up-to-date Welsh Government Guidelines, please visit www.gov.wales. If this applies to you or your group, please contact us A.S.A.P in order for us to re-arrange your visit but be aware refunds will not be given. We recommend anybody who has any concerns relating to Covid-19 and their own health or that of any children in their care to seek further advice from NHS 119 before visiting the centre.
- Bookings – We are open for ‘business as usual’ however, do strongly advise, to book in advance. Many of our activities are available to book online or alternatively, you can call 01497 847897. All bookings are to be paid for in advance and confirmation details along with medical forms will be emailed to you. For group bookings, the organiser will be responsible for making payment in full on behalf of the party ahead of your activity date.
- Medical & Consent Forms – We require all participants taking part in an adventure activity to complete a medical & consent form 24-48 hours prior to arrival. These can be completed and submitted online for which a link will be sent in your confirmation email.
- Arrival – When arriving at the activity centre we ask that only ONE person (the organiser) check in at reception on behalf of the party. For GORGE WALKING you will need to arrive at the gorge location where you will be greeted by your instructor.
- Be Prepared – Please ensure all participants arrive at the centre/activity location ‘Activity Ready’ where possible. For gorge walking, kayaking, & SUP lessons we will provide you with a 5mm full body wetsuit, please arrive with your swimwear on under your clothes, ready to change into the wetsuit. If you have your own wetsuit then by all means please bring this with you for your session. For all other activities, sportswear is recommended along with a waterproof/windproof jacket & trousers.
- Facilities – Hand Sanitising stations have been placed around the activity centre for use by all visitors. It will also be offered when getting on/off the minibuses where transport is provided (i.e. canoe hire).
Toilets, showers & changing facilities are available at the centre. As for gorge walking, there will only be outdoor changing facilities available – no toilets or showers.
- Transport – Transport is only provided for customers booked in for Canoe/kayak/SUP hire, Kayaking Courses, & Paddleboard Lessons. For group bookings may ask you to transport your party to/from the river, we will then transport the drivers.
We are continuing to offer and run our outdoor activities as these are operated in the open spaces of the countryside, away from crowded enclosed environments.
We are currently maintaining our normal cancellation policy however, in the event that we, Black Mountain Adventure, are unable to perform any of our obligations relating to your booking as a result of Covid-19, we will endeavour to reschedule the booking to a date convenient to the client. If the booking cannot be rescheduled, a credit voucher for the value equal to the amount paid by the client will be issued.
Should the client be unable to attend their booking due to Covid-19 a postponement will be offered to another date suitable to the client. If the client is unable to attend, for any reason, NO REFUND will be issued.