Our full registered name is Black Mountain Activities Ltd but also trade under the name of Canoe Hire Wales & The SUP & Paddlesport Shop. We require personal data of all our customers to enable us to offer you the services/products we provide. We treat security with the highest priority. We hold data about you to run our business efficiently and is not kept longer than is necessary. It is kept safe and securely and handled sensitively to peoples data protection rights. You have the right to ask to see what data we hold for you, to ask us to correct it and also to ask us to remove it from our database.
As a customer/potential customer of Black Mountain Activities Ltd we will ask you to provide us with certain personal information about you when you make an enquiry about our services and/or products and when you purchase services and/or products from us. This information will include:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your email address
- Your telephone number
- Your bank details or credit card information (when you make a purchase)
- Your IP address, cookies and your browsing activity where you use our website
- Details about your health and medical conditions for the purpose of ensuring safety, if taking part in activities with us at Black Mountain Activities Ltd.
We use the personal information we hold about you for a number of different purposes, which we list below. Under data protection law we need to have a valid legal basis for using your personal information, we also set out below the legal bases which we will be relying upon.
We will use the personal information we hold about you for the following reasons:
- To provide you with the services/products you have purchased .
- To form a contract with you when you have placed a booking/made a purchase and inform you of any changes to the contract/booking/order.
In both of these cases the legal basis that we will be relying upon to process your personal information will be because it is necessary for the performance of the contract between us.
We will also use the personal information we hold about you for the following reasons:
- To provide you with information about services/products you have enquired about
- To obtain feedback from you and provide ongoing customer service
- To deal with any complaints if any.
- To provide you with a high level of service and to promote our business.
We may share your information with one of our sister companies ‘Canoe Hire Wales’ or ‘The Sup & Paddlesport Shop’ if we feel it will enhance our services to you or should you require additional services/products from ourselves that one of these can provide. We do not share your information not share your information with any other organisation or third parties outside of Black Mountain Activities Ltd.
To make sure we meet our legal data protection and privacy obligations, we only hold on to your personal data for as long as we actually need it for the purposes we acquired it for in the first place. We may keep your information for up to five years for marketing purposes unless and until you inform us that you no longer wish to receive direct marketing information from us.